Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"Tame Stress" Salad

I've had this salad recipes for years. I got it from a magazine but can't remember which one. There was an article with 4 salads "Tame Stress", "Fight Fat", "Boost Your Energy", and "Lift Your Mood". I'm having all but the "Boost Your Energy" this week so I will post the recipes. The "Boost Your Energy" salad requires figs so that one will come later once figs are in season!


Tame Stress - serves one
 
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup mixed field greens
4-5 medium strawberries, quartered
2 Tbsp sliced fennel
1/4 cup sliced green onion tops
4 oz chicken (original recipes calls for 1/2 cup canned salmon, but I don't like fish so I used chicken)
1 1/2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
 
Dressing:
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp olive oil
1/8 tsp black pepper
 
I layered my salad in a mason jar to take to work with me. Dressing first, then then layer the remaining ingredients fennel, onion tops, walnuts, strawberries, chicken, then last the lettuce. Take the salad out of the refrigerator and let warm up for about 15 minutes to get the dressing to come out easier.
 
Here's the salad layered and ready to go!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment