Monday, April 28, 2014

Cobb Salad Recipe

Lunch today was a Cobb Salad. I found the recipe from The Best of Cleaning Eating cookbook. Their recipe calls for fish but I'm not a huge fan of fish so I substituted chicken. This is one of my favorite salads! I made the full dressing recipe because I can use it on other salads during the week but I only made one serving of the salad since it was just me for lunch today.
 
 
Cobb Salad (makes 4 servings)
Dressing:
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp raw honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
Juice of 1 lemon
black pepper to taste

Salad:
4 hard boiled eggs (whites only, discard yolks)
1lb chicken (or white fish), cooked
1 large head green leaf or romaine lettuce, cleaned and torn into pieces
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
2 oz Black olives, chopped
2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 oz low fat feta cheese, crumbed

1. Combine dressing ingredients and whisk.
2. Divide lettuce evenly among 4 plates. Divide the remaining salad toppings evenly on all four salads.
3. Drizzle with salad dressing. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment