Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Chicken Taco Salad

Dinner tonight was supposed to be Turkey Taco Salad. But I didn't have any ground turkey and it was 70 degrees and the last thing I wanted to do was to cook inside! So I opted to grill some chicken with my favorite southwest seasoning that I found from the 21 Day Fix food guide. My oldest son does not like chicken but when I use this seasoning he loves it and actually requests more!

 

Southwest Seasoning
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sea salt
 
I make up one batch of this and it lasts 2-3 dinners when I sprinkle it on the chicken (usually 4 chicken breasts per dinner). I cook up extra chicken with this seasoning and have it in the fridge for quick snacks and meal prep.
 
Chicken Taco Salad - serves one
4oz chicken breast cooked with Southwest Seasoning, chopped
2 cups lettuce, chopped
3 black olives, chopped
1/4 cup tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp shredded cheddar
1/4 cup fresh guacamole
 
Layer ingredients in bowl and enjoy!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment